Monday, September 27, 2010

Post Flight Meet Up With Vardaro - 9.26.10

So most people after being gone on vacation for 4 days and traveling across the country would run home to bed and crash. Not Misty. Not today. Danielle Vardaro, my close friend from high school was in from Seattle for a weekend excursion with 6 of her close friends. I got dropped off from the JFK --> Manhattan us at Carmine's Restaurant in Times Square, ran into the restaurant, luggage and sweatpants and probably smelling pretty funky and gave her the biggest hug of my life. I miss Danielle a LOT. She was my rock for so much of high school and it was amazing to see her.

I immediately grabbed a change of clothes and changed in the bathroom. I started conversation and immediately brought up the tempo at dinner (the girls were very hungover from the night before). Before I knew it, I had convinced them all to come back to my apartment for drinks and a view of the city. I took them all by my favorite store 'Coup de Cour' where they were already closed. Leave it to Misty -- I banged on the glass where I saw Isaaca who works there and knows me (I shop here WAY too often!) and convinced him to open the store for the ladies and give a PRIVATE shopping experience. 1.5 hours later we left, feeling like celebrities and went to my apartment where the girls oohed and aaahed at my rooftop view. I played hostest with the mostest providing snacks and wine on a whim and kept the momentum going. I finally crashed around 1:30am.

Not a bad Sunday night post cross country flight, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment